Welcome to “Ghostly Games”: Jeopardy! Each month throughout 2012, we will feature three categories that will test your knowledge of the strange and unusual in Illinois, or of the paranormal generally. Play along at home and remember to phrase your answers in the form of a question! Answers will be shown at the bottom of next month’s categories.
- 100 – Foreboding tunnels connect all the buildings on the campus of this former state mental hospital.
- 200 – The pool of this southwest suburban high school is allegedly haunted by the ghost of a girl who drowned there.
- 300 – This subdivision was built over the former site of the Illinois State Training School for Girls, next to a cemetery fraught with its ghosts.
Movies & Film
- 100 – This 1988 horror film gave children nightmares for its portrayal of a killer doll that terrorizes an Illinois family.
- 200 – This 1992 horror film was equally terrifying for its glimpse inside the Cabrini–Green housing project in Chicago.
- 300 – Chicago is home to a school for gifted children with emotional problems in this sequel to a popular film about a ‘noisy’ spirit.
- 100 – In the memoirs of a famous detective, this British author wrote, “Of all ghosts, the ghosts of our old loves are the worst.”
- 200 – This American astronomer and astrophysicist once remarked, “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
- 300 – This Chinese sage once pondered, “While you do not know life, how can you know about death?”
Answers to last month’s categories:
Mysterious Creatures: What is the Cole Hollow Road Monster, What are Thunderbirds, What is the Enfield Horror
Haunted Roads: What is Cuba Road, What is Dug Hill Road, What is “Help Me” Road
Paranormal People: Who is Jerry Palus, Who is Aurelia, Who is James Shelby Downard