Welcome to “Ghostly Games”: Jeopardy! Each month throughout 2012, we will feature three categories that will test your knowledge of the strange and unusual in Illinois, or of the paranormal generally. Play along at home and remember to phrase your answers in the form of a question! Answers will be shown at the bottom of next month’s categories.
- 100 – This man recorded several strange events at Peoria State Hospital while he was administrator there.
- 200 – As webmistress of Ghosttraveller.com, this self-described fan of “white trash art” has catalogued hundreds of haunted places in Illinois.
- 300 – The headless horseman of LaKey Creek may be the ghost of this man, who was murdered in 1819.
- 100 – In her afterlife, this persistent librarian has followed her books all over the campus of Illinois State University.
- 200 – The ghost of this famous gangster still lingers in the alley near the theater where he was shot.
- 300 – The statue of this adolescent girl serenades visitors to one Centralia cemetery.
- 100 – Cutting through Pratts Wayne Woods, this road is known for its abandoned homes, vanishing cars, and a haunted railroad crossing.
- 200 – This road in downtown Sterling is haunted by the ghost of a woman searching for her missing child.
- 300 – A witch was said to live along this rural road southwest of Rockford.
Answers to last month’s categories:
Haunted Places: What is Manteno State Hospital, What is Fremd High School, What is Fox Run
Movies & Film: What is Child’s Play, What is Candy Man, What is Poltergeist III
Creepy Quotes: Who is Arthur Conan Doyle, Who is Carl Sagan, Who is Confucius